Real Estate Services
Real Estate Services advises the University on the best use of its real estate assets and provides comprehensive real estate services in support of the University of Alberta's vision and strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities of this office include:
- all acquisitions and dispositions of real estate including all necessary due diligence;
- development, consolidation and subdivision of University lands;
- negotiate, review and administer leases entered into by the University, either as a Tenant or as a Landlord, both on and off campus;
- comprehensive management of select income producing ancillary properties;
- management of commercial leases in HUB Mall and Newton Place;
- carry out property management functions relative to agreements entered into in various University occupied properties and third party occupancy of University property;
- administer applicable property taxes for University owned or occupied properties;
- obtain all required Board approvals, resolutions and Orders in Council for real estate transactions;
- work with the Office of the University Architect in support of the University’s Long Range Development Plan;
- assist in the investigation and implementation of real estate related strategic initiatives
- and, coordinate other ad hoc real estate related activities as required.