Michener Park Parking Information
This information applies to the use, operation and parking of all motor vehicles within the boundaries of the Michener Park Residence, and are in addition to any Bylaws of the City of Edmonton or any legislation or regulations of the province of Alberta regulating the operation or use of motor vehicles.
Assignment of Stalls
- All vehicles must be properly registered with the Parking Services Office prior to the assignment of a parking area. Residents requiring parking stall must provide the vehicle’s license plate number to the Parking Services Office upon signing their lease agreement. Changes to license plate numbers must be reported to Parking Services Office.
- Residents will be issued a parking permit that must be hung from the rear view mirror of the vehicle as indicated on the permit’s face. Permits are non-transferable. Upon cancellation of a stall, selling a vehicle or when moving out of Michener Park, all parking permits must be returned to Parking Services at 1-051 Lister Centre.
- Larger vehicles such as recreational vehicles and truck/campers are not permitted to park in any parking stall within Michener Park.
- Parking fees are subject to change. Rate changes typically only occur at permit renewal time and are posted on the Parking web site.
- A “Visitor” is defined as a non-resident of Michener Park who is on the premises temporarily. Only Visitors are permitted to use the visitor parking stalls.
- Vehicles registered to a resident of Michener Park are not permitted to be parked in visitor parking and may be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- Vehicles for hire, such as taxi cabs, are not permitted to be in visitor parking and may be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- Residents must contact University of Alberta Parking Services at 780-492-5533 every day before 09:00h to notify the University of Guests expected to be in visitor parking. The Resident must call and provide the Visitor's license plate number. Vehicles that are not called in as belonging to guests will be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- The maximum length of stay for a guest to park in visitor parking is three (3) days. For parking requests longer than three (3) days, the resident must contact Parking Services to make arrangements for their Visitor. A vehicle parking in Michener Park for longer than three (3) consecutive days without approval from the Parking Services Office will be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- Any vehicle parked at Michener Park, guest or resident, without a registered license plate may be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- At Michener Park all car plugs are thermostatically controlled. Mini Breakers are only used on each car plug in the 100-500 area. 600-area car plugs are on and don't cycle on/off until the temperature reaches -15C. 100-500 area plugs cycle for 30 minutes in temperatures between -15C and -25C. The car plugs are on and do not cycle if the temperature is below -25C. There are red lights on the transformer boxes that indicate when the car plugs are "ON" when illuminated.